Friday, August 14, 2009

Taking Time Outs

As I write this, my husband is out with the "boys" or I should say "men" while I'm at home watching the kids. Every now and then its good to get a "time out" from your spouse. On our so called time outs, either I go out on a "girls night out" or spend time alone relaxing without anyone. My husband would go out at night with his boys doing what boys do. Anyhow it feels good to be apart for a bit, I noticed that when we don't see each other for a couple of hours or even an entire day, I start to miss him and the longer he is away, the more I miss him. The same thing applies to him as well. When we do see each other after having our fun we tend to appreciate each other more. I'm guessing the same goes for everyone else? unless your so fed up with your spouse you just cant stand to be around him when your together but yet feel a sense of peace without him then you know you have marital problems right there and that's not good. Even in rough times the same is true when you and your spouse are apart. When me and husband had a super short(several days) separation in 2007, we missed each other and worked things out. Also it happened again earlier this year, took a short separation and realized things, missed one another, worked things out. So you see, taking these time outs from your spouse can help your relationship in a way where you appreciate them for being in your life and for doing all that they do for you and in return they feel the same way about you so then you feel good about yourself. What do you do on time outs? Do you feel a sense of closeness to your spouse after your time outs? Time Outs are important in our lives, is it in yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment