Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"I work & you dont" Agreeing to disagree


My husband is one to always bring up the words " I work and you don't"! when we are arguing about things. "Excuse me?" I tell him. "are you kidding me?" "Yea" he says "All I do is sit on my okole (butt) & watch TV." "Puhlease!" I don't like television! The only time you'll catch me watching TV is when he is watching shows in the evening or my fave show Jon & Kate plus 8 is on which is rare. He tells me how easy it is stay home and watch kids and do nothing. He is getting the picture all wrong. Stay @ home mama's do more then men think! We feed our kids breakfast, clean up their mess, do the dishes, clean the house, read them books, play play dough, color, draw, outside play, water play, play toys, do puzzles, build towers out of blocks, feed them lunch, clean up their mess, do the dishes, put them down for a nap only to find that one child wont go to sleep so read them stories and by the time the child is down the others are awake so your busy setting up snacks for them while your starting to cook dinner at the same time. I mean you barely have anytime to breathe! So I tell him "I do more then you think" he is like "No I work harder, you don't work" oh well Even though I totally disagree with him & am very upset that he feel's that way because child rearing is work, I just let him have his cake and eat it too. There were many times when we would argue about something because we disagree on what the other person is saying, sometimes its stupid and foolish non-sense things, oh well now we AGREE to disagree and that's just it. No more trying to win the argument, its what we both feel so therefore we must respect each others opinion. Because of this we actually argue way less then ever. Hallelujah there's less tension in the household!

No comments:

Post a Comment