Monday, July 20, 2009

What does LOVE mean to you?


According to the Bible, "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no records of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails" (1 Corinthians 13:4-8, NIV) We all think that love is like the feeling when we first meet our spouses with butterflies in our stomach etc. when it is just infatuation and an attraction. To love someone is a choice. Its what we choose to do. When people get divorces they choose to not love eachother. To keep a marriage strong from my point of view, Both spouses are to love one another, respect & accept eachother for who they are. An example is me and my husband rarely have anything in common when it comes to hobbies. But we do learn to embrace and try out eachothers hobbies just once, if we hate it, oh well life goes on, we can continue doing what we enjoying doing seperately. We respect eachother by letting one another do what we love and not argue about it, that shows love! Another example of loving one another is by doing, showing & saying you love them. There are 5 different love languages which we will go into later. For me, I love my husband because I want to. My husband loves me because he wants to love me. All that mushy gushy feeling stage is long gone, and if we wanted to, we would have moved on with our lives separately trying to get that so called once mushy feelin from someone else but we choose not to because we choose to love one another! Tell me How do you define LOVE?

No comments:

Post a Comment