Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Notebook

No this post isn't about the movie "The Notebook" but dang that movie really is a great movie, you should watch it if you haven't done so yet. It brought tears to my eyes lol. Anyhow this post is about communication with your spouse/partner. I was cleaning my closet one day and found "The Notebook" it actually says that on the cover and it's filled with love letters from the past. You might be thinking OMG that's so childish. In the beginning of our relationship back when we started dating we would write each other love letters. He would start off by writing a poem about how he feels, then I'd write back in letter form telling him how I felt, then before you know it, we are writing back and forth to each other about what were doing at the moment and so forth. We filled the book until there were no pages. Every now and then, I would read the entire thing and laugh about the stuff we put in (there were drawings too). But that notebook gave me an idea. I decided we should write notes to each other once again, I figure -hey we both of cell phones, why not use the text messaging. So we started writing naughty text messages back and forth and it helped with our sex life. We also wrote "love" notes. But then his cell phone broke and there was no way of texting one another. So we got creative yet again and now we use our kids' play writing magnetic toy board (the one where you can erase the message with one swipe). We leave it in the bathroom so that way every morning we can see the message while getting ready to head out. We write encouraging love notes this time around since we are going through tough times. For example, I'd write " Good Morning! GOD loves U! Remember to Pray! Love you!" then he would reply " Ok I will pray, have a nice day and I love GOD, U & da kids". So this is our way of communicating with each other and believe it or not it actually brings us closer. I encourage everyone to try finding ways of communicating even if it means you have to get creative. Remember communication is very important in any relationship. How do you all communicate with your spouses/partner?

No comments:

Post a Comment